Mapping Manager Business rules
This text editor needs to be updated. Its impossible to do a carriage return and if you append text it doesn't start on the next blank line. Its very ugly when you have large text strings. Text editor for BUSINESS RULES is just a blank text box no formatting is possible.
The default editor does not allow for formatting of text as it is a simple text field inside a grid. for the purpose of formatting long business rules and/or adding new line info, we have provided an extended editor in the mapping grid.
1. when in the edit mode, click on the icon next to the edit icon and select the checkbox relevant to the Business Rule option. This will enable the extended editor
2. Now, double click on the Business Rule cell that you wish to update in the mapping grid. This will open a pop up editor
3. In the pop up editor, enter the Business Rule and new line info as desired
4. click the save icon on the pop up
5. save the mapping.
6. The business rule is stored and displayed in the format in which you saved it. to view the info, hover on the cell in the mapping grid or double click to open the pop up.
Hope this is helpful.
Kartik Sridhar I have received similar feedback from our users in Mapping Manager recently on the formatting not carrying through within their day to day processes from field to field. The example I received and tested was on Extended Business Rules Transformation when a mapping was versioned the formatting was removed. In my experience if you make a user interface look like excel the expectation is for it to behave like excel. If I doubled Click on the cell and was brought to the pop it editor. If the intention of the design is to allow the flexibility for each customer to chose then I understand the requirement. I would think that it is a configuration setting for an organization to chose the entry standard across all mappings and projects. I believe there is a defect with Versioning not keeping the format as it should be copy of the previous version until the user changes the mappings specifications. I will put in a Service Request.